The first monastery was founded in 717 AD Built Parnon, near the top of Malevou, it named Malevi. It is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. In Malevi lived from 1601 to 1651 N. Terzakis the Nile name, and after his death he was sainted and celebrated on May 7 in his home in St. Peter Kynouria, while the monastery is celebrated on 12th November repose. In the battle between the Greeks and Turks in 1786 destroyed the monastery because the monks fought against the faithless. Those monks who survived the battle of Malevi dispersed to other monasteries. The monastery was changed from male to female in 1949 with three nuns being sent from the Monastery of Top Chrepas. During the Occupation rebels used it as a hospital and the German was hit by airplanes. A few years after it was destroyed by an earthquake began. 1968 was construction of the chapel of St. Nile. In the monastery there is a miraculous icon of the 70, painted by Luke the Evangelist, which since 1964 gushes Holy Myrrh, thanks to which many patients are cured. The miracles of the Virgin in this Monastery are innumerable.